What are the benefits of off-grid solar power?
Owning an off-grid solar power system in New Zealand has many benefits:
- If you live in a rural location, you instantly save the expense of connecting to the grid (which are normally tens of thousands of dollars).
- Electricity bills will no longer exist, allowing you energy independence
- No longer worry about escalating power prices.
- Black outs or brown outs are no longer an issue.
- No terms, conditions or contracts.
- Increase the value of your home. There is a huge and ever growing market for 'Eco Homes'.
- The solar power generated can now be enjoyed 24 hours a day.
A selected number of New Zealanders choose to go off grid, despite being connected to the main power grid. The price for an off-grid system is significantly more than a grid connect system, so if the motivation is there, go for it!